MQTT is a publish/subscribe, extremely simple and lightweight messaging protocol, designed for constrained devices and low-bandwidth, high-latency or unreliable networks. Connect your MQTT data to Domo using the MQTT Connector. MQTT shows your real-time data from hundreds of IoT devices, and lets you set alerts to be notified when time-sensitive metrics change. MQTT is an internet protocol much like HTTP used to connect low bandwidth IoT devices.
Getting this feature
If you are interested in joining the Beta for this feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM).
Note: This feature is available on demand and paid.
To request this feature be enabled,
Reach out to your Domo Customer Success Manager, Technical Consultant, or AE.
If you do not have contact information for your CSM, TC, or AE, contact Technical Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on the feature, you may be required to complete training before you can use the feature.
Domo supports the following aspects of MQTT:
- Authenticating with Username/Password
- Each device has to be configured to push data to each DataSet
- Multiple devices can push data to the same DataSet
- Support QoS0 and QoS1
- Support all the current versions of MQTT 3.1.0, 3.1.1, and 5.0
Domo does not currently support the following aspects of MQTT:
To connect to MQTT:
- Search for the MQTT Connector in the Domo Appstore.
- Choose Get the Data.
- Copy the MQTT Broker host Address and paste into the appropriate field in your MQTT Client.
- Copy the port and paste into the appropriate field in your MQTT Client.
- Download the certificates and apply to the correct field in your Client.
- Optional: Choose a username/password for additional authentication.
- Select your update method.
- Name and Save your DataSet.
Be sure to Name and Save your DataSet before trying to push any data to Domo using the MQTT Connector.